Sunday, July 3, 2011

“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.”

Lesson 33: What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?


Okay, I found this question on StumbleUpon a few days ago and since then I have lost sleep over it and I can't stop thinking about it. When I first read this I pondered it for a moment and I came to a horrible realization. I would have had nothing. Absolutely nothing! It was such a terrible thought I couldn't sleep that night and I couldn't get it off my mind. It made me realize I tend to kind of  drawing this separation from God when I'm busy, or distracted or having fun. I tend to forget to thank Him for bringing all these good things into my life. Or even to come to Him with my problems and worries. That's what he is there for. To be an ever-present help in good times and bad. 


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. " -Proverbs 3:5-6





No comments:

Post a Comment