Friday, July 15, 2011

“Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”

Lesson 43: Always give 100%

A lot of times I find myself doing something that is simple and seems almost trivial so I end up not working as hard on it as I would another task. For example, at my current job at Subway I sometimes find myself slacking and only giving about 75% because the work is so easy it just seems unnecessary to put so much effort into it.  In reality, I should be giving 110% because every task I take on deserves the same amount of attention. 

My high school band director used to say to us "You have to give your 100% during EVERY performance. I don't care if it's for a football crowd, at a band competition or if it's just for this empty school. You have to put all your effort in every time." It used to drive me insane because I wondered...why bother being impressive if no one is watching? But when our band started giving 100% ALL OF THE TIME, we were great. 

So to sum up what I'm trying to say, it doesn't matter if you are researching the cure for cancer or collecting garbage. Giving your 100%, 100% of the time is so much more rewarding than if you go through life only giving half.



Yes, I am showing off my awesome high school marching band(:

No comments:

Post a Comment