Friday, June 3, 2011

"All the turtles are free. As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.”(:

Lesson 3: Snapping turtles are actually very fast.


So honestly, due to the fact that I worked all day and I'm really tired I didn't really learn much today. EXCEPT that snapping turtles aren't like your regular old slow turtle. When I got off work my mom had decided to grill out. But it was dark and our back porch light was burnt out. So I went to flip the burgers and my dog Bighead accompanied me(: I kept hearing this snapping noise but I just thought it was a bug. And then I saw something moving across the year. I thought it was a rabbit or a squirrel and sent Bighead to investigate. Suddenly, he yelped! I got totally freaked out and tried to run back into my house but as I got closer to the porch I saw a LARGE  turtle blocking my path. I was like oh well, it's just a turtle. Boy was I wrong. That sucker chased me across the yard hissing and snapping the whole way. I mean, I'm exaggerating because it didn't catch me or anything. It really wasn't that fast.But still it was a whole lot faster than I could imagine a turtle being. 




So I guess the lesson for today is always expect the unexpected. Oh, and snapping turtles are completely evil(:



No comments:

Post a Comment