Thursday, June 2, 2011

“Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.”(:

Lesson 2: God loves you and always will.


I think this is the most incredible thing ever. The fact that no matter what you do, what you say or what others think of you, God's love is eternal. When I was very young, my parents would make me go to church most every Sunday and I think that kind of turned me off church and religion. When I was old enough to make this decision for myself I decided I didn't want to go to church and I thought it was a waste of time. This continued all the way up until I was in college. Then I had a friend on facebook who would always post statuses about God's love, promise and just how just overall great He is. It made me want to know all of it myself and experience this great love. So I spoke to this friend and he helped me begin my walk with Jesus(: It hasn't been easy since there are so many earthly temptations but I am trying my hardest to live for Him. This blog post isn't something that I intended to sound like I was trying to persuade people to follow Jesus or become a Christian. I just know that when you completely surrender to God and let him take control of your life, it's the best feeling in the entire world. Better than anything this world can provide.


Here are some of my favorite Bible verses and quotes that kind of sum up God's love for you(:
- John 3:16-"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. "
-1 John 4:8-"Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love"
-Proverbs 3:5-6-“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your w acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.”  THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!


Okay! Go here!  You'll like it!
http://www.fathersloveletter.com/text.html



Or if you're just to lazy/tired/whatever to read it...







No comments:

Post a Comment