Saturday, June 18, 2011

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Lesson 18: Just do it.


Even if you are not a fan of movies like this, The Art of Getting by is definitely a MUST SEE. It and some other things that have happened recently in my life have made me realize that we only get one chance to do this. Sometimes I find myself thinking "oh well I'll just do that another time." When though? When will I stop postponing my dreams and things that I want to do with my limited time on this earth? There are so many things I want to do and I'm doing absolutely none of them. Sometimes I feel like dropping out of college and just seeing the world or moving to a new place. Just starting over somewhere and finding adventure. Yes, it's very silly to think about doing this but I mean what if it's what I truly want to do? When will I get the chance to do all of this? I don't want to be like the woman in "Eat, Pray, Love" and be fifty when I realize that I've wasted my life doing something I don't want to do. That is just the saddest thing I've ever heard. I don't want to end up regretting my entire life. I want to experience and live and explore. From the day we are born we are dying and some of us never really live. I'm not gonna let that be me. I swear on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment