Wednesday, June 8, 2011

“Sex is more than an act of pleasure. Its' the ability to be able to feel so close to a person, so connected, so comfortable that it's almost breathtaking to the point you feel you can’t take it. And at this moment you're a part of them.”

Lesson 8: Sex is a big deal.


Honestly I'm tired of hearing about sex. So I know this post is a little counterproductive, but oh well.  This is what I'm so sick of hearing:


-Wrong- "I need sex."
 Right- "I've tricked my mind into thinking I need it but the truth is, I just really enjoy it."
-Wrong- "If we get more physical, it will make us closer."
  Right- "If we get more physical, it might make us closer. Or it could lead to some pretty bad consequences.
-Wrong- "Waiting till marriage is dumb because you won't know if you are sexually compatible."
 Right- "Waiting till marriage is pretty smart because then you are guaranteed no negative consequences..like babies or stds. 




I guess I should be completely honest. No, I'm not a virgin. And I have no problem admitting this. I have made mistakes that I regret but now that has changed and I plan on remaining pure until I marry. I should have had this mindset from the beginning. I guess I'm just tired of the way society looks at sexuality and the like. For example, when I was in middle school we had a boys table and a girls table. If you were a girl and sat with the boys, you were a slut. Lol. Nowadays kids are having sex in middle school and getting pregnant. It just seems...ridiculous. Society needs to go back to thinking of sex as a personal, intimate and important act.



A friend posted this today. I absolutely loved it. I almost cried. It's insightful and very moving. Almost everyone can relate. If you never watch anything else, watch this.









(Those are the words written down.)

No comments:

Post a Comment