Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"I have a "carpe diem" mug and, truthfully, at six in the morning the words do not make me want to seize the day. They make me want to slap a dead poet."

Lesson 15: Rise early.

I know, I know. I'm telling you to do the impossible. It's summer break (for most of us) and sleeping late is one of the luxuries of having no school. But it's proven that if you wake up earlier, you will have a better day.


Tips:
-Don't make drastic changes. Start waking up a little bit earlier than the day before.
-Allow yourself to sleep earlier. Don't spend hours watching tv or surfing the internet.
-Put your alarm clock far from your bed. Its less tempting to hit the snooze button this way(:
-Go out of your bedroom as soon as you hit the alarm. Don't allow time to rationalize going back to bed.
-Have a good reason. Set goals for yourself for the morning.
-Take advantage of the extra time. Don't get up early just to sit around watching tv or playing on facebook. Be productive!


It doesn't seem so thrilling right now. But I promise, it's totally worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment