Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. "

Lesson 5: It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary.


Have you ever noticed that happiness comes through the most simple of things? As I look back on the happiest times of my life, I realize they were also the simplest. My favorite memory occurred two years ago when I went to the beach with my friends after high school graduation. We tried to plan activities and places to go but it always ended up falling through. Then on our third day there we took a midnight walk on the beach and one of the boys brought a football along. When we had reached the pier and decided the lighting was good enough we started playing a game of football. Well, we only had five people and none of us had actually ever played football. But we still had the time of our lives. After that night we came back every night of our trip and played tag, football or some other silly game. It was honestly one of the most carefree moments of my entire life. As we laid on the beach amongst the sand crabs, seashells and reef bits I understood what true happiness was. It's the simple knowledge that you are with true friends and doing something you truly love. I heard a piece of advice that greatly inspired me. 


"Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. And then you will know happiness."


This is just beach sounds. It always helps me relax and greatly reduces my stress level(:



No comments:

Post a Comment