Saturday, June 25, 2011

“Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”

Lesson 25: Pray often.


Prayer is the most powerful thing ever. It's kind of a way of having a personal conversation with God. Sometimes I like to just sit outside and just talk to God like I was talking to my best friend. It's really nice to have someone to depend on even when it feels like the whole world has turned it's back on you. This past semester was a pretty tough one for me and I had some of the weakest moments of my entire life. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have my amazing God to turn to in my times of trouble. When I was feeling really low I would just take a walk to a more private part of campus and talk it out with God. Another thing that prayer brought me to realize is that you shouldn't ask God to do what you want with your life. Instead you should ask for His will to be done. Also bargaining with God is really silly. You can't just say "Okay God if you let me pass this test I will totally study for every other test" or "If you help my grandpa get better I will become a better Christian." It really doesn't work that way. God has a set plan for your life and you shouldn't question his intentions. I'm not completely guiltless about all of this but I'm constantly asking for God to help me be a better person for Him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment