Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lesson 30: Let people know where you stand.

Sometimes I find myself compromising my values and beliefs just to spare an argument. And yes, there are some things that it is okay to compromise on. But when it comes down to it, compromising on things that are very important to you will do you nothing but harm. My most recent ex-boyfriend believed that the relationship required a physical part. And of course it does...but not to the extreme that he wanted to take it. I believe that people should wait until they are sure that they want to move forward emotionally before they take any physical steps. At first it wasn't much of a problem, but as the relationship progressed it became the topic of most of our arguments. Soon we couldn't go through a whole day without arguing about this. And that would lead to bigger problems. Eventually, we ended it because out differences were too great.


All I'm saying is that compromising on the beliefs that are most dear to you is...bad. So stand up for what you believe in and more importantly, know what you believe in(:

No comments:

Post a Comment